The Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals™ (AHMP), formerly the Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers, Inc. (ACHMM) is a professional association with a membership of more than 3,500 of the nation’s leading experts in environmental, health, safety and security management. AHMP is the only national organization devoted to the professional advancement of the hazardous materials management field.
Our members are distributed across 52 chapters in 37 states plus the District of Columbia. In 2006, AHMP established its first international chapter in Bangalore, India.
AHMP is headquartered at the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) campus in Bethesda, Md., just outside Washington D.C.
AHMP envisions a world where the natural environment is unburdened by pollution; workers are exposed only to healthy and safe conditions; and hazardous materials are used and transported safely and efficiently. As it has for more than two decades, AHMP works to advance the field of hazardous materials management to make its vision a reality. Its core purpose is to foster a community of professionals and to jointly advocate for the public recognition of the value of the Certified Hazardous Material Manager® (CHMM®) credential and other EHS&S credentials, the standards they represent and the professionals who uphold them.
To be the recognized global leader and resource for hazardous materials professionals.
To provide value to our members and other stakeholders by focusing on the key goal areas of:
- Advocating for our membership while enhancing government relations and public relations
- Strengthening communications among members and stakeholders
- Strengthening our membership and partnership base
- Improving management and governance operations and strengthening our financial base
- Providing superior educational resources and opportunities
- Serving our membership and chapters by providing new products, services and tools for success.
To achieve its mission, AHMP will work with its chapters, the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM) and other professional organizations to link industry, government and academia, establishing its vision for the future.
For more information see www.ahmpnet.org
The Institute of Hazardous Materials Managers is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1984, has been protecting the environment and the public’s health, safety, and security through the administration of credentials recognizing professionals who have demonstrated a high level of knowledge, expertise, and excellence in the management of hazardous materials. Over 16,000 homeland security, environmental protection, engineering, health sciences, transportation, and public safety professionals have earned IHMM credentials.
The Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM) offers three certifications to professionals in EH&S: 1) Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), 2) Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner (CHMP), and Certified Dangerous Goods Professional (CDGP). Details of these certifications can be found at the IHMM website. IHMM is an approved accreditation body for personnel credentials under ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024, Conformity assessment — General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons.
Through electronic means, IHMM delivers these three credentials in the most economical way so professionals obtain these certifications in a timely manner: 1) EH&S Professionals with required qualifications can study on their own using the IHMM credential blueprints or body of knowledge, 2) EH&S Professionals can take the computer based examination testing centers throughout the world, and 3) Examinations are delivered on demand any time throughout the year.
For more information, please visit IHMM at www.ihmm.org
Check out these IHMM resources
- Public Sector Outreach Reports: https://www.ihmm.org/resources/public-sector-outreach
- IHMM Today: https://www.ihmm.org/ihmm-today
- Professional Development Activities: https://www.ihmm.org/resources/professional-development-activities
- Honorary Designations: https://www.ihmm.org/about-ihmm/honorary-designations
- Press Releases: https://www.ihmm.org/press-releases
- IHMM Staff: https://www.ihmm.org/about-ihmm/meet-our-staff